USRetina is seeking an experienced integration specialist to join our growing team. The candidate will be responsible for integrating EMR and Practice Management data from Retina practices into USRetina’s data warehouse. This includes ongoing management of integrations as well as maintaining and scaling the existing pipelines. The ideal candidate is a pipeline builder with experience extracting data from EMR and/or PM systems in the Retina space and enjoys building tools, automation, and optimizing for performance. She or He must be self-directed, skilled in data techniques and tools, and comfortable supporting the data needs of clients, teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
- Work with vendors and member-practices to extract data from EMR and PM systems
- Ingest EMR and PM data into USRetina’s Data Warehouse via sFTP, Nifi, and Mirth Connect
- Monitor and maintain existing integrations
- Work with member-practices to diagnose and resolve data issues
- Scale data pipelines for actual and projected growth in integrations
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
- Experience with EMR and PM Systems, ideally in the Retina subspecialty
- Experience ingesting data from REST APIs is a plus
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets, including the necessary SQL skills
- Ability to work in Linux and Windows environments
- Familiarity with AWS
- Experience with at least one of the following is a plus: Python, Java, GoLang
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment