USRetina is seeking an experienced integration specialist to join our growing team. The candidate will be responsible for integrating EMR and Practice Management data from Retina practices into USRetina’s data warehouse. This includes ongoing management of integrations as well as maintaining and scaling the existing pipelines. The ideal candidate is a pipeline builder with experience extracting data from clinical and administrative systems in the Retina space and enjoys building tools, automation, and optimizing for performance. She or He must be self-directed, skilled in data techniques and tools, and comfortable supporting the data needs of clients, teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
- Work with vendors and member-practices to extract data from EMR and PM systems.
- Ingest clinical and administrative data into USRetina’s Data Warehouse via sFTP, Nifi, Mirth Connect, and AWS Lambda.
- Monitor and maintain existing integrations.
- Work with member-practices to diagnose and resolve data issues.
- Scale data pipelines for actual and projected growth in integrations.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from disparate datasets.
- Ability to work with EMR and PM Systems, ideally in the Retina subspecialty.
- Ability to ingest data from REST APIs is a plus.
- Ability to build and optimize data pipelines, architectures and data sets, including the necessary SQL skills.
- Ability to work in Linux environments; including scripting commands.
- Familiarity with AWS; proficiency in the following a plus: EC2, s3, lambda, RDS.
- Knowledge of data-stream processing and message queueing technology is a plus.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Strong collaboration skills supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to travel out-of-state up to 10% annually.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of course work, certification and/or experience.
Work Environment / Physical Requirements:
This position works remotely from home that requires prolonged sitting in front of a computer. Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office equipment including operation of standard computer and phone equipment.