The Senior Director of the Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) is responsible for leading, operating and optimizing the USRetina Group Purchasing Organization brand, value prop and relationship with manufacturers and vendors. The Senior Director will be a strategic thinker, an effective communicator and an expert in GPO contract development and operations. The Senior Director of the GPO will report directly to the Vice President, with the skill set to independently manage the assigned GPO manufacturer and vendor relationships to meet the current and future goals of the organization.
• Develop, lead and manage all activities between USR and manufacturer and vendor partners to drive value for USR members.
• Develop and manage strategic relationship with manufacturers and vendors.
• Utilize comprehensive business and market data for multiple and or complex categories to identify opportunities.
• Evaluate and select manufacturers and vendors to meet organizational strategic goals and minimize risk.
• Develop, negotiate and finalize contracting strategy and associated language.
• Manage the execution and outcome measurement of contracting strategies.
• Development of and sales of fee for service offerings to and with manufacturers and vendors.
• Act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Comprehensive knowledge of best practices in GPO contracting & processes.
• Strong skills in the understanding of the retinal marketplace, principles, and technical capabilities.
• Ability to communicate effectively and interact with personnel at all levels of technical ability and expertise.
• Superior interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Advanced skills in spreadsheets, word processing, project management software, and contract management systems.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variable in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and volume.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquires or complaints. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, manufacturers and vendors, members, and/or boards of directors.
• Ability to travel up to 30% annually.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare and/or Business Administration or a related degree is required.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a GPO contracting, services and contracting role.
Work Environment / Physical Requirements:
• This position works remotely from home or in the Denver corporate office. Both scenarios require prolonged sitting in front of a computer, hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office equipment including operation of standard computer and phone equipment.
• Ability to lift up to 10 pounds on occasion.
Limitations & Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.